Silent Auction Cupcakes
Posted: 10 April 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-05-25

My mom finally sent some pics of the cupcakes I made for my son’s silent auction fundraiser.  They are lemon chiffon cupckes, topped with a hidden layer of lemon curd and frosted with Lemon White Chocolate Buttercream from the Wedding cake section (golden lemon almond cake) and chocolate plastic blossoms.  My own preference is for less frosting (though it’s mighty good stuff)—I’d definitely make again, but use a “nest” of buttercream and put the curd inside and leave it like that so the curd is visible.

Image Attachments
April 12 047_editshrink_.jpg

Posted: 10 April 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

They are beautiful! Sherrie, you are very talented.

Posted: 10 April 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Very beautiful, Sherrie, and I love the flowers!  I also love your plans for the next cuppies with the nest and visible curd!!!!!

Posted: 10 April 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  2009-11-24

Very Very Pretty….... less frosting….noooo.  Plastic Chocolate blossoms?  Is that white chocolate?  the blossoms look colored?

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 10 April 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-05-25
CRenee - 10 April 2012 08:53 PM

Very Very Pretty….... less frosting….noooo.  Plastic Chocolate blossoms?  Is that white chocolate?  the blossoms look colored?

Some are colored white chocolate and others are chocolate plastic made with candy melts—I thought I needed to use oil based colors, so I tried making purple with red/orange/yellow/blue box of oil based colors and it was hideous.  I used water based colors with white chocolate plastic for pink and yellow and they were fine.  I also found overkneading caused the white chocolate plastic to separate.  Definitely use candy melts if you are doing for the first time or are unsure about the process, they do work better.  I figure they are just a tiny accent and not going to be a major edible item, so “real” chocolate isn’t as important!

Thank you, all,  for the compliments—I find cupcakes way less stressful than cakes—bake a few extras incase of misshaps and you’re good to go!

Posted: 10 April 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2011-10-15

So very pretty! I love that you can see the vanilla bean seeds in the buttercream.

Posted: 10 April 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Sherrie, those look wonderful!  That cake- lemon chiffon, and that frosting, from the wedding cake section, are two of my very favorites!  I’m amazed that you made those tiny little petals with plastic chocolate, they’re lovely. 

I almost made the lemon chiffon for Easter, but then thought that the apple dessert would pair better with the rest of the meal.  After seeing your chiffon cuppies, I’ll be looking for an excuse to make lemon cake smile.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 13 April 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

They look beautiful and sound delicious!