1 of 2
She Loves Me Cake
Posted: 02 June 2012 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Tomorrow I am planning on baking the She Loves Me cake from RHC. I am using a Bundt pan because I don’t have the Daisy pan. I never baked this cake before.  Can anyone suggest an adornment for this cake?  Thank you.

Posted: 02 June 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3170
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, FG!

Have you made the All Occastion Downy Yellow Butter Cake?  This is the same cake, just baked in a different pan and with the curd and (optional) blueberries, so you could put anything you’d like on the AODYBC on it.

If you HAVE made the AODYBC and want to try a different one, my fave yellow cake is the Golden Luxury Butter Cake—you could use the same proportions as the She Loves Me and bake it in a bundt.

Any way you go, I know you like glazes, and I think one of your glazes would go well.  Maybe add cinnamon to it (I am a “there can never be too much cinnamon” girl) and, while the glaze is still wet, sprinkle it with toated slivered almonds (or not). 

Happy Baking!

—ak

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

I have never made the AOGYBC. This is my first attempt at a yellow cake, other than the Buttermilk cake in TCB.  I already have all the ingredients coming to room temperature for this cake but I will try the Golden Luxury Butter Cake the next time I make a yellow cake. 

The reason I chose the She Loves Me cake to make today is because of the discussion, on another thread, about the Flowered Daisy Pan. Before that, I forgot all about wanting to make that cake.

You know me so well cool smile I do like glazes, especially on bundt cakes. A big YES to the cinnamon and slivered almonds! Great idea, THANK YOU !!!

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Yay!  The AADYBC is so yummy—yellow cakes are my face! (Well,  one of them ....)

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

I don’t know why I haven’t been making them, especially with all the raves on this forum.

One thing that threw me off with the She Loves Me Cake is the pan.  I didn’t realize Rose offered an alternative.

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

I was thinking, you can probably add all kinds of spices to your glaze to make some really yummy and varied toppings: ginger, cardamon, instant espresso (not exactly a spice) and…and…well, probably some others, too!

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

Sounds good! I use all those spices a lotbut never thought to put them in a glaze. Cool!  I have to hide the expresso powder when I make chocolate because my husband doesn’t do coffee but, in chocolate recipes, he never knows it’s there wink

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

This is ONE DELICIOUS CAKE !!

This cake was easier to make than any I have ever made. It is light, tender, sweet and melts in your mouth.

I glazed mine but it didn’t need it.

This cake boasts 5 egg yolks, 142g butter and 200g milk so I won’t be having any but I did sneak a crumb that fell on the plate as I cut a piece for my husband. WOW!!! It’s great, it really is!

Image Attachments
IMG_5627.jpg

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

So pretty, FG!  Love those yellow cakes—I knew that was one you wouldn’t be eating, though!!  : )

Posted: 03 June 2012 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

For sure. This cake is an example of what I shouldn’t have but it is soooooooo good. I’m thinking of taking this next time I visit my family.

Thank you!

I baked it in a kuglehopf. It baked in 35 minutes. The crumb is perfection.

Posted: 03 June 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4795
Joined  2008-04-16

Looks beautiful- yes, perfect crumb! I love your pan, too smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-06-03

That looks so fantastic - you’ve inspired me to try too! Wish me luck…

Posted: 05 June 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

Thank you!

Good luck, but you won’t need it.  This cake is easier than any I have made.

There are lots of ways you can adorn it. I chose a glaze because we don’t do frostings on a nightly basis; but, RHC and TCB have lots of frostings which would be wonderful on this cake.

Please post pictures

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2009-10-01

Flour Girl, can you not have any dairy now? How frustrating to bake and not eat.

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

I know! It is very frustrating and disappointing. When I first found out I was really upset. I have never eaten cake because I always was careful to eat healthy and to watch my weight.  Two years after I started baking and having the cakes I baked I get this blow.

High cholesterol must run in my family because my daughter isn’t 100 pounds and is almost a Vegan and she has high cholesterol too.

The good thing that has come out of this experience is that I have expanded my baking repertoire. I have learned how to convert regular recipes, even Rose’s, with really positive results.  I bought the book Cholesterol Down and made some changes. I was 110 when I started and now I am 108. 

I still bake regular cakes for my husband and a low cholesterol/low saturated fat cake for me. He has been eating mine as much as he has been eating his.

Yesterday I baked the WOWIE CAKE Jeannie recommended.  Everybody loved it, even my 250lb stepson and his 10 year old boy. They love all my baking and loved the Wowie Cake as well.

Thank you, so much, for asking

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2009-10-01

I too have hereditarily-high cholesterol that is controlled with zocor. I fought going on it, but eventually did more than 10 years ago. I eat generally healthy food, but since going on zocor I eat cheese occasionally, which I never would before. For the most part my numbers stay the same no matter what I eat (a signal to me that the hereditary part was the problem). Back in the day I wouldn’t have any eggs or butter. On Friday we had a frittata for dinner, and it was so delicious (cooked with butter, and with some parm in it). I could never have eaten that before.

1 of 2