I am baking a wedding cake for July 14th. The cake consists of 4 tiers (5” round @ 4” high to be saved by the bride and groom)/8” round @ 2 1/2” high/11” round @ 4” high and 14” round @ 5” high. This cake will serve approx 130-150 ppl, but I’d rather be safe than sorry and go with the 130 figure.
From there, I will obviously need more cake! So the bride would like sheet cakes. if I do the math, 300-130=170. So my questions are:
1. What size sheet pan would be best to use?
2. The cakes will need to be filled with BC; therefore, should I use a 1” deep or 2” deep?
If 1”, I realize I"d have to bake 2 pans and stack them
If 2”, then I would have to torte and fill
3. What serving size should I go with (2x2x2 1.5x2 or 1x2) - this is where I get confused??
4. Depending on the serving size I choose, do I make sure to tell the cateror to please cut same that size?
5. Sheet cake temps and times are another question as I’m getting conflicting answers?
6. Can or should I make these ahead of time (week before wedding date) and freeze? refrig?
7. I have a spreadsheet (Sheet 1 is each cake detailed with amts and Sheet 2 is total amts) that I need someone to review to check for any errors or miscalculations, but I can’t attach to this post…...
All advice/ tips would be so much appreciated!