Chocolate domingo cake as cupcakes
Posted: 14 June 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Hi everyone!

I am planning on making cupcakes for fathers day.  I love the chocolate domingo cake and would like to use the batter from it to make cupcakes.  Has anyone tried this?  Any suggestions?  Also I want my cupcakes to have a nice dome on them.  My cupcakes always bake up flat.  Should I let them sit a room temperature for about 20 minutes before I bake them?

Posted: 14 June 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3132
Joined  2010-04-25

Here’s a pic I found where someone made them with hazelnut mousseline—very pretty!  http://www.flickr.com/photos/julie2357/4292762291/

From the looks of the other pics—brioches, genoises, fruity items, etc—not to mention the beautiful piping—I suspect it was made by “our” Julie!!!!!

Posted: 14 June 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Thanks so much Anne!  They do look yummy.

Posted: 14 June 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3132
Joined  2010-04-25

My pleasure!  I also found this thread (http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/3797/)—Julie reports about her experience with Domingo cuppies, which is worth considering.

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

Liza, the Domingo makes tasty cupcakes!  In my experience, they are more prone to bake flat and/or crack on top than other butter cake cupcakes, so plan on decorating the tops.  I hardly ever have flat cupcakes with Rose’s butter cake recipes, perhaps my oven runs a bit fast.  But if you’ve baked them before and they’ve come out flat, I think it would be worthwhile to increase beating times slightly and to let them sit for a bit on the counter before baking.  You could also increase the oven temp a little bit.

And yes, that Flickr account is mine- I don’t think I’ve updated it since I started back to work, thanks for the reminder.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls