PEACHES
Posted: 10 July 2012 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2011-05-15

So we have some awesome peaches available now.. i know they ll be gone soon and i really want to be able to use them in some wway.. i already tried Rose s peach upside down cake..yum! Now im thinking of ways of storing it… a peach puree or conserve… has anyone ever made a peach buttercream or a layered pech cake? Would love to know how you did it ... =) And Anne in NC.. I se you too are in my boat =) bow down to you. i suck at pies!!!!

Posted: 10 July 2012 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

My choice for storage would be to make a pie (unbaked) and freeze it.  But if you don’t want to do pie, I have used peach puree to make peach cloud cream, which I paired with genoise and a syrup made from peach juice and grand marnier.  It was very light and fluffy, a peaches-and-cream cake.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 10 July 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-05-15

oh yum julie that DOES sound yummy !  If im not mistaken rose has a recipe for peach puree in CB right?

Posted: 10 July 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Choco - make a pie! Make a pie! Make a pie!!!!!  OMG, it is SO MUCH FUN!!!!  Even with problems its fun!!!  What about pies do you suck at?  Maybe we can get you going!!!!!!!  What I have learned in my whopping two pies is there is lots of ways to do it, so there is a way for you, too!!

Or ... make pie filling and freeze it in containers (just make a crustless pie or do it stovetop).  Then you can thaw it out put it on cake and have peach shortcake!!!!!!!  Or you can thaw it out, process it lightly, and fill a cake with it or put it on top of the frosting with a frosting barrier.  Or you can puree it (you’ve already reduced all the juices, so it should be fab) and add it to buttercream.

Or, and I guarantee you this—You can eat it with a spoon (or fork—your choice)!

Or, you can make a crustless pie with crumbles!

Or a cobbler and freeze it.

Posted: 10 July 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16
chocoholic - 10 July 2012 12:35 PM

rose has a recipe for peach puree in CB right?

Right.  And peach is one of the option listed for cloud cream (whipped cream with peach puree). 
I like Anne’s suggestions, too smile

And…. peach crisp- you could freeze it unbaked and then it’s ready in a snap when you want it.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 11 July 2012 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-05-15

Lol Anne i love love love your enthusiasm =) I think i will follow thru on what u said making peach filling would brilliant ...so i think i ll make some of that and then some peach puree too =) Thank you guys and pie making the crust Anne im TERRIBLE at making it… its always one or the other. soggy or dry or crumbly or just never tastes nice!

Posted: 12 July 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2012-05-23

Chocoholic, don’t be such unmotivated,just practice and you will learn making pie smile. And yes, i vote for pie too!!!

Signature 

The way to man’s heart is trough his stomach!

Franchise Takeaway