3 of 3
pursuing the perfect chocolate chip cookie
Posted: 27 January 2013 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1651
Joined  2011-02-17

Thanks McBrownie. I have their books I should check it out. I forgot about that.

Posted: 01 February 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-03-07

I have a good suggestion. 

When I was a young man I used to bring Nestles Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies to work on special occasions.  The old ladies used to say they really liked my cookies but could not duplicate them.  I kept saying that truthfully, I just used the recipe on the back of Nestles Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. 

I thought the old ladies were just just trying to say something nice to me, but one wise old bird had a long talk with me and asked me to explain everythin I did, step by step. 

As I explained everything to her, we discovered I had been mistakenly using only 2 cups of flour when the recipe calls for 2 1/4 cups of flour!  The nice old bird smiled triumphantly and if she is still alive today she must be in her 80’s. 

This slight difference made the cookies a little more like candy than cookies.

Posted: 01 February 2013 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1651
Joined  2011-02-17

grin Sounds like my grandchildren would prefer it your way.

Posted: 09 June 2014 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-06-09

I find the majority of chocolate chip cookies to be quite similar in ingredients and quantities. The first thing you need to do is use quality ingredients. Use real butter, not fake fat spread full of hydrogenated nonsense and other man made chemicals. The next thing is to consider the weather, as silly as that may sound. If it is hot and dry out or wet and cool out, the results of my baking will vary greatly even though it is my recipe that I’ve used a hundred times. Also, the way you handle ingredients will affect the results. See my blog post on 10 tips for good cookies: http://thebakingbarnstore.com/10-tips-for-good-cookies/

Good luck on perfecting your chocolate chip cookie!

3 of 3