How to formulate recipes for cake as per cake pan dimensions?
Posted: 22 August 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-08-22

I have read a number of websites to figure out how to calculate the recipes for the batter amounts as per the cake pan sizes ie 6”, 7” etc. Nothing so far I have read tells you neither how to fomulate a recipe nor gives a recipe as per the size of cake pans.
My mind is utterly confused with all this information and have no clarity on this issue.
How does one decide on a recipe amount for a 6” cake with two layers or an 8” cake with two layers?
I do not have formal training in baking but I am very passionate about baking and I experiment a lot. I wish to pursue this as a business, but these calculations are completely consuming my mind and do not know where to begin if I wanted to do a recipe chart for different sized cakes that would be the foundation for starting out.
I would really appreciate help into this matter.
Thanks!
Regards

Posted: 23 August 2012 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-22

The formula that you mentioned is Pi R2 that is the area of the circle if my understanding is right. I am still unable to understand.
Let me give an example and maybe it can simplify what I am trying to understand:
Suppose there is a recipe that calls for an 8” pan, how does one alter/increase that if one has to bake a 9” cake.
Thanks!

Posted: 25 August 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-22

Thanks everyone for all your comments.
Regards