Designer Baby Chocolate Grands
Posted: 04 September 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

I made these for a work friend’s birthday.  Everyone was really crazy about them—people love that German Chocolate Cake base.  I wasn’t crazy about them, myself, but I’m neither an an oil cake fan nor a chocolate-on-chocolate-with-no-other-flavors-going-on fan.

I used 20g of batter per cupcake, but mine still domed beyond flat-top possibility. 

They were very easy to make, and they are very pretty to look at.  They are also lighter than air. You would think you’re picking up an empty cupcake liner, so they made for very nice middle-of-summer cupcakes!

Image Attachments
104_5203 - Copy.jpg104_5202 - Copy.jpg104_5199 - Copy.jpg

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Anne, those are gorgeous- I think I like them better for having a slight dome to them, seems a more appealing shape than perfectly flat.  I agree that the choc chiffon cake base is a real crowd pleaser, I’ve made tiered cakes from it that were very popular- people taking seconds, etc.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2012-05-23

Wow, they look yummy!!! Very nice work Anne!

Signature 

The way to man’s heart is trough his stomach!

Franchise Takeaway

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

They look delicious and super moist. I think they look perfect.

Posted: 04 September 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Thank you, everyone!  They are very moist and very light.  Even the dieters partook, and many had seconds.

Oh, I forgot to say, I gave some to a friend to take home for her family (she loaned me the muffin tins), and she gave one to her 13 year old son, who is not always a huge chocolate fan.  She decided to go get one for herself and said that, upon her return, her son’s cupcake was gone and he was licking the wrapper.

I can guarantee you if you are thinking of making these, they are a definite crowd pleaser.

20g/cupcake liner made 24 cupcakes, BTW—a very convenient number!

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2012-05-23

You ‘re welcome Anne! I bet that from now on, your friend’s son will start eating the chocolate cake smile

Signature 

The way to man’s heart is trough his stomach!

Franchise Takeaway