Cupcakes peeling away from liners
Posted: 10 September 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2010-01-24

I am getting to the point that I am so desperated and frustrated when I made cupcakes from Rose’s recipes. I don’t have problem to make big cakes, but I always fail when I make cupcakes from her recipes.
I use All-Occasion Downy Yellow Butter cake for vanilla, and Perfect all-american chocolate butter cake.
The size of cupcakes is what people call Midi size, I weight each cupcake is about 25 grams of batter.
I use convection oven, and the temp for baking cupcakes is 325.
Cupcakes rise beautifully in the oven, but right after I take them out to the cupcake pan, they started to shrink and peel off the liners.

What wrong do I do? What kind of cupcake liners do you use? If you make perfect cupcakes from Rose’s recipe, please share your experience. I have about 150 cupcakes to make for the wedding in October, and I am so nervous now.
Thanks for taking your time to answer my question.

These are the cupake liner that I use:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75862751/new-midi-size-brown-cupcake-liners-75

Posted: 11 September 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-07-04

Often this is a result of underbaking.  Also, do you remove them from the pans right away?

Posted: 12 September 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2010-01-24

I bake cupcakes about 15 minutes. Yes, I removed them from the pans right away. I will try the creaming method today and take picture of my cupcakes to post here.
Thanks.

Posted: 15 September 2012 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-15

Believe it or not, the liner might be at fault. I used to have this problem with liners that claimed to be “greaseproof” so I switched to foil liners or glassine liners for my minis and the problem went away. I would have problems with both minis and standards.  I would especially have a problem with the Viking brand of liners so I stopped buying those.  now I buy CK cupcake liners and those don’t peel away.  Good luck.

Posted: 16 September 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2010-12-29

Also try to spread out the batter into the cupcake liners.  Rose’s batter is pretty thick and doesn’t really pour into the liner.  Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to push the batter into all the nooks and crannies of the liner.

Posted: 11 October 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2010-01-18

I’m also experiencing this problem regularly - especially with Rose’s recipes. :( Mostly use the White Velvet Butter Cake and last time found the problem most pronounced when baking til just barely done. I am in Canada at 3000 ft altitude too… and am also finding that Rose’s cakes are delicious the day they are baked but tend to become dry on me soon after that. I too am wondering if it’s the extreme richness of the high-ratio cakes that causes them to pull away from the liners. Its worse with the “non-tick” type. Let me know how the Bakers Confections liners work. I am getting pretty frustrated with cupcakes too, and doing them for weddings is sooo stressful with all these problems!

Posted: 05 February 2013 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-05

I have made her cupcakes with the All occasion butter cake and they came out great, I use the reynolds cupcakes liners, cooked the same temperature as for cake, and checked it in fifteen minutes, if not ready, cooked it a little longer.

Posted: 05 February 2013 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-05
bean2002 - 10 September 2012 03:27 PM

I am getting to the point that I am so desperated and frustrated when I made cupcakes from Rose’s recipes. I don’t have problem to make big cakes, but I always fail when I make cupcakes from her recipes.
I use All-Occasion Downy Yellow Butter cake for vanilla, and Perfect all-american chocolate butter cake.
The size of cupcakes is what people call Midi size, I weight each cupcake is about 25 grams of batter.
I use convection oven, and the temp for baking cupcakes is 325.
Cupcakes rise beautifully in the oven, but right after I take them out to the cupcake pan, they started to shrink and peel off the liners.

What wrong do I do? What kind of cupcake liners do you use? If you make perfect cupcakes from Rose’s recipe, please share your experience. I have about 150 cupcakes to make for the wedding in October, and I am so nervous now.
Thanks for taking your time to answer my question.

These are the cupake liner that I use:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75862751/new-midi-size-brown-cupcake-liners-75

As long as you cook the cupcakes for less time, check after fifteen minutes, it should come out fine, I cook her All occasion butter cake as cupcakes all the time, as I said, use Reynolds cupcake liners, they work great!