Rose cranberry walnut quick bread recipe - can I use orange juice instead of banana
Posted: 22 September 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2010-02-10

I am not a big fan of banana and wanted to see if it is possible to convert Rose’s Cranberry Banana Walnut Quick Bread recipe into a simple Cranberry Orange bread recipe. I want to leave out the banana and was wondering if I could replace it with extra sour cream or orange juice? What proportions would you recommend? Most of my recipes for cranberry orange bread taste good but seem wet inside, so I am probably putting too much liquid in during baking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Since banana and orange have different texture, I am wondering whether OJ will make my batter wet again, but OJ is what I really want to use.

Posted: 22 September 2012 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Sona!

I haven’t made this bread, but I would assume the banana has something to do with the structure.  I think you’d be better off finding a non-banana quick bread and simply adding cranberries, walnuts and a couple tablespoons of orange zest to it.  If you process the zest with the sugar in a food processor, its flavor will permeate the bread even more.

—ak

Posted: 23 September 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1608
Joined  2011-02-17
sonali00 - 23 September 2012 12:05 AM

I am not a big fan of banana and wanted to see if it is possible to convert Rose’s Cranberry Banana Walnut Quick Bread recipe into a simple Cranberry Orange bread recipe. I want to leave out the banana and was wondering if I could replace it with extra sour cream or orange juice? What proportions would you recommend? Most of my recipes for cranberry orange bread taste good but seem wet inside, so I am probably putting too much liquid in during baking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Since banana and orange have different texture, I am wondering whether OJ will make my batter wet again, but OJ is what I really want to use.

Which book is that recipe in? I have never seen it.