Doubt regarding how long I can freeze the Ghiradelli White Chocolate Frosting I made recently..
Posted: 16 October 2012 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2010-08-01

Hi Everybody!

Have a doubt regarding how long I can freeze the Ghiradelli White Chocolate Frosting I made recently…this is the recipe which i halved

Frosting:

4 large egg whites

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2-1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp.

Method:
combine the egg whites and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.

Place the bowl in a pot of simmering water so the water comes a third of the way up the bowl.

Lightly whisk the egg whitesjust until hot to the touch, about 1-1/2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the pot on whisk on high speed until very thick and cooled to

room temperature, about 5 minutes. Decrease the mixer to medium-low speed and add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing the butter in before adding the next

tablespoon. Add the melted white chocolate and vanilla and mix until smooth.

All my Rose’s books are not available to me at the moment for me to refer, can someone help? Thanks a bunch…

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

This is similar to Rose’s Egg White Chocolate Buttercream, except that it uses white chocolate instead of dark chocolate.  The dark chocolate version freezes for six months.  However, white chocolate in general is not as long-lasting as dark chocolate, so something less than that might be appropriate if you’re playing it safe.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-01

Thanks Julie…so I guess one or two weeks shd be ok, right?

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

seems like it smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 17 October 2012 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-01

Neways, taking it this week, will report in case of any taste difference,,smile..

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-01

So far, so good…the texture was not as silky, but spreadable and made no taste difference…don’t think ‘ll keep it longer than this.