Blue velvet cake
Posted: 22 October 2012 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-11-10

I have lot of trouble in getting good color for blue velvet cake. Made different recipes for blue velvet but it always turned greenish.  Try Rose red velvet cake with blue but again not true colour. Do we have to add a toothpick of violet color also a this is all egg white cake as we do in red velvet cakes with whole eggs? need your help!!!!!

Posted: 22 October 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  325
Joined  2011-10-15

Hi Zille,

Are you using liquid or gel food colouring? I’m not familiar with the blue velvet cake and what shade of blue it should be but I’ve made a few rainbow cakes and have been able to achieve good colour using gel food colouring and Rose’s white velvet butter cake, an all egg white cake (and even the all-occasion yellow downy cake, an all egg yolk cake). I’ve included a photo of a slice. I use the Americolor brand and find that the cake colours are very true to the colour of the gel, though I’m sure other brands would work.

Image Attachments
rainbowcake3.jpg

Posted: 06 November 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-11-10

Thanks Sophia for your reply.I used liquid colour first but now I am using the gel colour and Rose Red velvet recipe, got good results now, actually I need the blue colour like the colour of the bottom layer in your cake. I will definitely try Rose white velvet cake also.