Bernachon Palet D’ or Gateau as Christmas Gift
Posted: 08 November 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-10-12

Hi Everyone! My first time on the this forum!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Got some few questions. I am planning to make Bernachon Palet D’ or Gateau and decorate it with Christmas theme on the 18th of December as Christmas gift to some friends and relatives. Does anyone know if this cake will last until Christmas Day for consumption? Will it get stale when served?

The reason why I’m planning to do it early is that I’m going away before Christmas to spend time with my family in the Philippines as it will be my mom’s 1st death anniversary.

Hope to hear from you lot very soon. I would really be very greatful for all your answers.
Many thanks!

Posted: 09 November 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4823
Joined  2008-04-16

I would recommend freezing it, although you will probably seem some dulling of the lacquer glaze (if you are using it) as a result.  You can probably make the cake in its entirety, including decorations, and then freeze uncovered until firm. Once firm, wrap it well in plastic wrap and then a layer of foil.  To defrost, let it spend an overnight (still wrapped) in the fridge, then allow it to come to room temp over a number of hours on the counter (unwrapped but under a cake dome or in a box).

Good luck!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or less) Sour - Part II