Sugar cookies with fondant
Posted: 13 December 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

Hey everyone, I’m looking for some advice here hope someone can help!i have some cookie orders for Xmas, one in particular that she wants to pick up on Sunday, but won’t eat until Friday. I typically make my cookies a day in advance but this is five days in advance! Here’s my question….I typically make sugar cookies and then I frost them with fondant (confect sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and shortening).  How do I find out how long the fondant will be good for?  and can i refrigerate the cookies after being frosted? I hear that you are not supposed to refrig fondant, but I don’t know if that goes for this particular type?

Posted: 16 December 2012 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  704
Joined  2012-01-12

Fondant almost do not go bad unless you are talking months and years.  When I do this,  I stick the fondant using royal icing.  Don’t worry about it.  and please do not refrigerate.  Sugar attracts moisture.  it will come out wet..  leave them at room temp..
these I made years ago that I covered in fondant and decorated.  Did not refrigerate.

Image Attachments
cookie2.jpgcookie3.jpgcookie1.jpg

Posted: 17 December 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2007-11-15

Prettycake, I love your cookies, they are so pretty.

Posted: 18 December 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  704
Joined  2012-01-12

Thank u.

Posted: 20 December 2012 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

Well I did an experiment. I took one leftover cookie and put it in the freezer, another in the fridge and the last on the counter..wrapped. I waited until it was six days later and did a taste test.  The one on the counter was crunchy, and more dried out. The one in the fridge was soft and moist, and the one in the freezer was ever softer and the most moist!  I froze a red fondant stocking with red piping over white fondant to see if freezing would have an efct n the color and it didn’t. They really came out perfect, I don’t see why you can’t freeze fondant….

Posted: 21 December 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4823
Joined  2008-04-16

Thanks for reporting back on your results smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or less) Sour - Part II