Apple Upside Down Cake as cupcakes?
Posted: 09 January 2013 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-01-09

Has anyone tried converting the batter for Rose’s Apple Upside Down Cake to a cupcake/muffin recipe? I was thinking it would make really luscious blueberry muffins, but I seem to remember that baking powder needs to be adjusted (up, I think?) to convert a recipe sized for a cake pan to muffin cups.

Thanks for your help!

Posted: 09 January 2013 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4823
Joined  2008-04-16

The batter for the apple upside down is based on Rose’s sour cream butter cake from The Cake Bible.  She adapts it to blueberry muffins in the Bread Bible, and I’ve made them a number of ways, they are yummy.  If I were using the apple upside down version to make muffins, I wouldn’t change the baking powder as I prefer them gently domed.  I would, however, turn up the oven a bit to help produce a good shape.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or less) Sour - Part II

Posted: 09 January 2013 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-01-09

Thanks for your help! I don’t have the Bread Bible, but am happy to have an excuse to buy it grin Bookstore, here I come!

Posted: 10 January 2013 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1196
Joined  2009-11-24
Helenmary - 10 January 2013 12:08 AM

Thanks for your help! I don’t have the Bread Bible, but am happy to have an excuse to buy it grin Bookstore, here I come!

Any excuse will do!!

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.