Marshmallow Buttercream? Or Mousseline?
Posted: 15 January 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

is there a way to make a marshmallow buttercream or mousseline?  I noticed in recipes for Marsh buttercream they say they don’t do well sitting out (serve right away) which I wouldnt want. Any ideas?

Posted: 16 January 2013 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

For a marshmallow cake topping or frosting, you could just use Italian meringue flavored with vanilla.  Like any meringue-based item, it will attract moisture from the air and get sticky, so I think that may be what you’ll risk if you allow it to sit around for very long.

Because of the all the butter, vanilla Mousseline doesn’t taste a lot like marshmallow.  If you need the stability and longevity of a buttercream and are willing to give up a true marshmallow taste, try the mousseline version with less butter in RHC (Miette’s Tomboy).

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 16 January 2013 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

Thanks, I just wasn’t sure if there was a marshmallow extract that you could add to mousse line, or if you could add fluff or something. Just because I like the fact this can sit out for long periods of time and will hold its shape. The stickiness of marshmallow sitting out was what I was trying to avoid

Posted: 16 January 2013 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

If you have some unflavored mousseline stashed away somewhere, you could take a little, beat in a bit of Fluff, and taste it, then let it sit out and see what happens smile

If you do try it out, please report back!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 25 March 2013 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-03-25

Cant have any idea about it…!!!

Signature 

www.hotelskualalumpur.org/ | http://plagiarismdetector.net