Caso Baking Scale - New at Williams Sonoma
Posted: 20 January 2013 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-12-30

I recently replaced an old set of electronic scales with a new product at Williams Sonoma - the Caso Baking Scale. I chose this product because of its functionality and the fact that it measures in half grams. I decided to be a guinea pig since I was the first to purchase the product at a local W-S store and there are no reviews on line that I could find.

So far, I like the Caso. The first thing I did was weigh a set of brass weights, from England with official certification, ranging from 1/4 oz. up to a pound. They were very accurate. I also did some testing to see if the half gram was consistent - so far not bad but the testing is incomplete.

I have a three month period to return the product and I am wondering if anyone else has tried these scale and would like to report back on them? And if anyone has different, currently available scales that they recommend for baking.

Thanks.

Posted: 22 January 2013 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-30

Weighing with a large bowl is not a problem - for example a 12 inch bowl fits on easily. But you are absolutely correct about a baking sheet.

I’ve looked at the Myweigh scales you recommend and they look excellent. My question is the automatic shut off time which they say is one minute. DO you find that a problem or do you turn that feature off - which in itself, being able to turn it off, is a remarkable feature?

The price of the Myweigh scales is less than half the W-S product, and the guarantee on the W-S is only one year in North America compared to lifetime/30 years with the Myweigh product. Interestingly, I did quite a bit of research but never came across the Myweigh brand before you mentioned it.

Thanks.

Posted: 23 January 2013 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-30

If you place a baking sheet on the scale tray, how can you see the reading display?