Cheesecake
Posted: 23 January 2013 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-08-16

I recently made the coconut cheesecake from RHC .. Although I followed everything exactly, ie weighing , correct oven temp, boiling water bath, bake time 45mins, etc.. ,,,,,this cake seemed under-baked, slightly (filling not as firm as i liked , difficult to hold its shape)... This is not my first time with Rose’s cheesecakes , but it is one with all yolks… I was wondering why this one uses all yolks, could it be for the deep color it brings??  i also was wondering if i could use whole eggs in this cake like for instance cordon rose cake…. I’m thinking that the egg whites would give it a little more stability… And , yes i could bake it longer i suppose….  any suggestions would be welcome….  My all time favorite variation would be to include some pineapple puree and turn it into a pinacolada   yum, yum,,,,, thanks in advance

Posted: 24 January 2013 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4839
Joined  2008-04-16

I’ll preface this by saying that I rarely- almost never- bake cheesecakes, and I don’t know the exact answer to your dilemma.  Rose’s cheesecakes do tend to be just barely cooked enough in order to get the smoothest, creamiest texture possible.  Was the cake chilled enough and was all the fat at proper levels (i.e, you didn’t use neufachtel instead of cream cheese or lite coconut milk)?  Did you slice it while still chilled from the refrigerator? 

It may be that you prefer a firmer set, you could try taking the center to 155 or 160F (I think her cheesecakes bake to 150F, is that right?).

Hopefully, someone with more cheesecake experience will chime in!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 24 January 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-08-16

julie,,  i used phily full fat cheese and regular cream of coconut (not lite)...chilled overnight,, and sliced cold,,,, i understand and agree with what you say about having the creamiest texture..  I think i will monitor the internal temp next time as well ....  thanks for your reply

Posted: 25 January 2013 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2009-05-17

I bake cheesecakes constantly for my business and my fool proof method for them is as follows:

make sure all of your ingredients are room temp.
Full fat cream cheese only and heavy cream (I use Junior’s recipes for my base and modify here and there) You can use coffee creamer liquid for the flavors, extra large eggs
I never bake my crust, I freeze them for about 15 minutes and use crushed cookies with melted butter for the crusts (more variety and cheaper than graham crackers)
always spray your pan with butter spray first
preheat your oven to 325
I wrap my cheesecakes with Cake Magic Strips (Wilton) all the way to the top instead of a water bath. I soak them in cold water and wrap them around and pin them
I place a pan of water on the shelf below the cheesecake for the steam
If you stick a thermometer in the cheesecake, it will crack

I use Fat Daddio’s cheesecake pans, 2 inches deep. You push their bottoms up to release them and are much better than a regular springform pan.
for a 9 inch /  3 or 4 packagea of cream cheese bake 1 hour, turn off oven and leave it set for 1 hour, open door and let set till cool
for a 10 in / 6 package bake for 1 1/2 hours, turn off oven and leave set for 1 hour, open door and let set till cool
cover loosely with plastic wrap (or it will get condensation on the cheesecake) and set in fridge on a cake wrack overnite or cover and freeze
unmold and enjoy
If you are having problems unmolding, set the cheescake pan on a hot towel for a few minutes

Posted: 25 October 2013 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-10-25

I have actually tried to do this last weekend. But unfortunately the cheese does not blend in the correct proportion with coconut ingredients. It was a complete disaster. I think I’ll re do it again this weekend and put a post here next week.

————————————————
DAN JOHN TERRY
antisnoringdevicespro.com

Posted: 25 October 2013 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2007-11-18
ponders - 25 October 2013 03:08 AM

I have actually tried to do this last weekend. But unfortunately the cheese does not blend in the correct proportion with coconut ingredients. It was a complete disaster. I think I’ll re do it again this weekend and put a post here next week.

DAN JOHN TERRY

PONDERS:
Good morning. I am sorry to learn of your baking disappointment. If you bake this recipe again & it doesn’t bake like you think it should, then post your description of the outcome. & your mixing technique if different than in the recipe,ete.

I have scrutinized this recipe I think I can modify this cheesecake recipe for you so that you will end up with a viable cheesecake.

Till then enjoy the rest of the day.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 11 November 2013 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-11-07

Few days back I tried to make cheesecake but I failed but I never gave up and tried harder, whole day I used to spend hours in searching for proper cheesecake cake and finally I got it http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_cheesecake/