11 of 11
bundt cakes, glazes and fillings
Posted: 16 July 2014 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-12-25

Here’s the pic of the blueberry cake. I’m telling you that everyone liked it, loved it, made noises and commented on how good the blueberries smelled and tasted. It’s a big-time winner and I’m glad I found the time to make it. I needed it and so did everyone here at work.

I did as you suggested and put some batter, sans the berries, in first, then mixed the berries in the batter. You can see the pic shows that most of the berries are on the lower part, or upper, ha!!,, which is probably a good thing so they wouldn’t stick to the pan.

Thanks eag. What a nice treat.

Image Attachments
bbcake.jpgblueberryc.jpg

Posted: 17 July 2014 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2013-01-24

So glad it worked for you, taste-wise!  And thanks so much for the photos.  They really add to the exchange of information, don’t they?  I find myself increasingly getting recipes from image searches on the web, because at least I know it did work that way.

About berries in ‘bottom’ (top) -  at least it does show they don’t sink!  So maybe you could just use less berryless batter to line the curvy bit, or maybe even not bother.  When I made the minibundt I didn’t bother, and it came out fine and didn’t stick.

I’m about to try a recipe with morello cherries and chunks of marzipan.  Marzipan is VERY sticky so this will be a test.  I don’t think I will try to do this with one of the really elaborate pans!

Posted: 17 July 2014 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-12-25

Hmmm. Marzipan—sounds interesting. Kind of like almond paste but not, right? Used as fondant or candy? So you will just add it in to sweeten up a cake?

Tell me more!! smile Please!

And thanks for the help with the blueberry cake. That was a mazing, really!

11 of 11