Cream Cheese Frosting Failed!!!!
Posted: 30 January 2013 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-04-28

Hi All,
I’ve been making Rose’s yummy white chocolate cream cheese frosting forever and love it! it always get’s a lot of compliments too. Today, for the first time my frosting failed miserably!!! It looked great when it was done in the food processor but since the texture was a bit too runny, I put it in the fridge for a while and took it out and mixed in some food coloring and…then it happened..it curdled and looked just….awful!!!!! I tried cooling it some more and beating it again but no luck…..now I have 2 large containers of yucky looking cream cheese frosting in the fridge that I’d hate to throw out…..Can anyone please tell me what I could have done wrong? I do live in Florida and today was a very hot and humid day….would that have been why?

Thank You in advance for helping!
Dani

Posted: 01 February 2013 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4816
Joined  2008-04-16

Dani, try bringing the curdled mixture up to room temperature (at least 70F in the center of the frosting), then re-beat.  Many buttercreams will curdle if you beat them when they are too cool/cold.

If that doesn’t work, post back and we’ll try to figure out another fix. smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Three New Takes on a Classic Fall Dessert

Posted: 01 February 2013 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-04-28

Thank You Julie. Shall try doing that today and will keep you posted on what happens.