Still Looking for the Daisy Cake Pan
Posted: 01 February 2013 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

and I still can’t find it downer

The Nordic Ware Daisy Pan is 8 1/2 x 11 (10 cups)

Can I substitute a 9 x 9 x 2 (10 cups) pan?

Thank you!

Posted: 01 February 2013 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

Hi Flour Girl,

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble finding this pan. I did a quick search for it and every place that sells it is out of stock. When I went to Nordic Ware’s site it wasn’t even listed as an item, so maybe they have discontinued it. You might consider contacting them directly to see if they still make it or if they can direct you to one of their distributors that has it in stock.

The toll-free number they have listed on their site is (877) 466-7342

Here’s a link to their contact page if you want to try calling their regular number or send them a fax or email if that’s your preferred method of contacting them: http://www.nordicware.com/contact

As far as your other question goes, I can’t help you with that. Sorry, but hopefully someone else will chime in and be of more help to you for that one. Good luck with your cake and I hope you can find this pan for future baking.

- MP

Posted: 01 February 2013 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

Hello again, Flour Girl. Actually, I just found a few of these pans if you don’t mine getting it on eBay. Two are used and one is new.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=Nordic+Ware+Daisy+Pan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

And here’s one more site that appears to have it. It has slightly different dimensions listed, but the same volume of 10 cups:
http://www.cookiecuttersplus.com/content-product_info/product_id-2835/nordic_ware_daisy_cake_pan.html

- MP

Posted: 01 February 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

Thank you for going to all that trouble for me. I really appreciate it.

I never purchased from ebay before and I never bought a used pan but I am going to look into how to make purchases or bids from them. If I did buy it, I would get the new one which is available for bid or purchase.

The only thing I am wondering about is when I will use this pan again.  I already have a 9 x 9 x 2 pan. I have several 10-cup tube pans too. I wonder if they would do?

Thank you again. That was very sweet of you.

Posted: 02 February 2013 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

As it’s the downy yellow base, I think you’d be fine with the 9x9x2.  You may have to watch it to see if it will be done earlier/later than the bake time listed in the recipe.

I have that pan as well, I bought it when at the King Arthur store and I thought I was buying the standard size brownie pan for my daughter, who has recently mastered making brownies from scratch (she’s 11).  Turns out they just didn’t have the 8x8 (which is the standard size) in stock, so it didn’t occur to me to check if it was the right size.  I scaled the recipe for her and we still get some use out of it, but I’m with you on wanting to get more use out of the pans I already own.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

How cute that your daughter mastered brownies already! I got my daughter to bake her first cake. It was her birthday this year and she invited the family.  She made a vegan cake and I had to walk her through the steps on the phone and call her at the exact time to remove the cake from the oven. When finished she asked if I really enjoy this (baking)  LOL oh, by the way, my daughter is 40.

Thanks Julie! I’ll try the 9 x 9 and keep an eye on the baking time.