Did I miss this?
Posted: 06 February 2013 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1175
Joined  2009-11-24

I should be, this minute, prepping another cake.  (What was I thinking when I gave my family gift certs for cake”)  - Instead, I am hanging on here and believe I never posted this cake.  It is yellow cake with ganache…I am sure I used a lighter ganache.  This cake was done in April, I think, for the same one who ordered the 75th B’day cake.  (that second order was the only way I knew he probably liked the first one). 

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

That’s a beautiful cake, CRenee! What did you make the ribbons from? Modeling chocolate?

Posted: 06 February 2013 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Just gorgeous!  It’s one of my all-time favorite styles of cake- all chocolate on the outside, with choco decorations, etc.  So happy you posted smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Your cake is so beautiful. You are very talented! I love the idea of gift certificates for cake.

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24

Thank you MP, Those ribbons are chocolate fondant,,,, I am pretty sure.  It was back in April.  I have said I will do better job of keep a record. 

Thank you, Julie.  Yes.. at least the cake has Chocolate. 

Yes, Flour Girl…after all labor, materials, and ingredients go into the cake.  It is not a small gift and at least they get to decide when they have it.  And, hopefully, they decide on something that allows me to have a new experience as well.

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2013 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22
CRenee - 06 February 2013 05:08 PM

Thank you MP, Those ribbons are chocolate fondant,,,, I am pretty sure.  It was back in April.  I have said I will do better job of keep a record.

Chocolate fondant, eh? Do you make your own fondant and just add chocolate? Whatever you did I really like it. It’s a marvelous cake!

Posted: 06 February 2013 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24

MP—You are so kind.  I am glad you like it.  I purchased Fondant.  I have only made fondant once, I am just as happy to buy it.  Note I tried a bow recently with Modeling chocolate.  I did not find it as easy.  I will give it a shot some day soon.

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2013 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17
CRenee - 06 February 2013 05:08 PM

Thank you, Julie.  Yes.. at least the cake has Chocolate. 

Yes, Flour Girl…after all labor, materials, and ingredients go into the cake.  It is not a small gift and at least they get to decide when they have it.  And, hopefully, they decide on something that allows me to have a new experience as well.

It’s s huge gift! If my cakes looked like yours, I would love to do that and I know it would be very appreciated by anyone who received it.

‹‹ Buttercream frosting      Zebra stripe cake ››