Nordic Ware Cake Pans ~ What to use when the cake starts sticking to the pan.
Posted: 15 February 2013 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2009-11-20

Hi Fellow Bakers,
I had a wonderful Blogger tell me about her problems with her Nordic Ware Cake Pans not releasing after a few usages. Her cakes were sticking to the pans when she tried to get them out.
Chrisanne called the Nordic Ware Company and they recommended that you use Dawn Power Dissolve Spray to get rid of all of the residue in your pans.
You might not find it at the grocery store, try instead the hardware store. 
They also recommended that you use Shortening and Flour, Baker’s Joy with Flour, or Pam with Flour to grease their pans.
Hope this helps,
Darlene

Posted: 15 February 2013 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Thanks Darm! This info is a keeper.

Posted: 15 February 2013 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2009-11-20

Flour Girl,
My pleasure.
Darlene

Posted: 16 February 2013 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

I didn’t know that the power spray existed, thanks for the introduction to a new product smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 16 February 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2008-09-27
Julie - 16 February 2013 04:45 PM

I didn’t know that the power spray existed, thanks for the introduction to a new product smile

The product has been around for a while….10 years? It’s intended for those applications where you might otherwise let a pan soak for hours or days in soapy water, hoping to loosen up the burned on crud. Consumer Reports evaluated it and said that it does work. I bought a few bottles over the years at the supermarket, but they stopped carrying it. It’s not like a product you use every day, so that doesn’t surprise me. I thought maybe they’d stopped making it, but then I found it as a Walmart SuperCenter, so I bought four bottles. That was several years ago, and I think I still have all four, partially full, so I clearly didn’t use as much as I thought I would. I don’t recall finding it effective with the baked-on crud on baking sheets, but maybe it’s better on the non-stick surfaces, which shouldn’t have stuff sticking to it anyway.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

‹‹ Cake Knives      Agbay Cake Leveler ››