King Arthur Voluntary Recall
Posted: 23 February 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1175
Joined  2009-11-24

Thought some of you may like to know this:  I think this is sold between mid-December and early February, site has codes and best by dates

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/voluntaryrecall/

Go to this site for more info.  I grabbed this small amount of text

The King Arthur Flour Company has initiated a voluntary recall of a limited number of our 5-pound bags of all-purpose and bread flour. King Arthur Flour places great emphasis on providing customers with the highest quality products and services, therefore out of an abundance of caution we are issuing this recall.

Small, polyurethane balls approximately 7mm to 9mm (1/4” to 3/8”) in size may have dropped into bags during the final sifting stage of the milling process. The balls have a smooth surface and no sharp edges and are made from food grade material. Because of their bright blue color and size (about half the diameter of a dime), they are easily seen in the flour.

Any affected products may be returned for a full refund. For more information call the King Arthur Flour Consumer Hotline at 866 797 9178, open Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm EST.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 23 February 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Thanks for posting this CRenee. I just bought 3 bags of their AP flour. Two of the bags are in a 10-pound flour container. The one bag still in it’s packaging did not have a lot number. I called KA and they told me if there is a date on the top of the bag then it is not one of the bags recalled. My bag did have a date on top.

Really good to know, thank you!

Posted: 23 February 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1175
Joined  2009-11-24
Flour Girl - 23 February 2013 04:38 PM

Thanks for posting this CRenee. I just bought 3 bags of their AP flour. Two of the bags are in a 10-pound flour container. The one bag still in it’s packaging did not have a lot number. I called KA and they told me if there is a date on the top of the bag then it is not one of the bags recalled. My bag did have a date on top.

Really good to know, thank you!

Oh good, I am glad you do not have to hassle with that.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 24 February 2013 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Thank you, me too. I’m glad I had one big still in the original packaging or I would never have known for sure.