Success! Barcelona Brownie Bars
Posted: 30 March 2013 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-03-07

Friends! - May I share my success with Rose’s Barcelona Brownie Bars?  I used both the Silicone Financier and Silicone Madeline molds.  I have learned to bake these about three minutes longer than a cake because these are so moist.  We like them just a little firm on the outside but they are still moist on the inside. My wife and two teenagers encourage me to make these often. 

Be sure all your ingredients at room temperature like Rose says in her recipe or else you will get white specs in the final product. 

And go ahead and spring for the Lekue Silicone Molds.  Anything you bake in these just fall out with no greasing them.  Cleanup is so easy and the small shape make everyone want to pick one up. 

http://www.amazon.com/Lekue-Silicone-Flexible-Mini-Cake/dp/B0002KZQY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364685983&sr=8-1&keywords=silicone+mini+cake+pan  - - Lekue also makes a Silicone Madeline

Here’s a picture.

Image Attachments
064c.jpg052d.jpg046b.jpg

Posted: 30 March 2013 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

StephenRay,

Those are so beautiful and so tempting!  The color is smoothness is just gorgeous—they are a great illustration of the pan’s release qualities!

I can see why the wife and offspring are in favor of repeated encores of these!

—ak

Posted: 31 March 2013 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-03-07

Thanks for the compliment, Anne, I just posted two more pictures.  I deliberately display some of my creations in this glass cake dome to tempt my skinny 13-year-old son to eat. 

Here’s the Amazon website for Madeline Molds:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OF7H9A/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p79_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1G9CH0G1NAR3YRRX1XPF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

And by the way, the Lekue Silicone Bakeware is marketed in the United States under the name of HIC BRANDS THAT COOK - or   Harold Imports Company, according to my research on the internet.

I put two of these molds on top of a cookie sheet at a time.  Three is too crowded because the molds next to the oven wall get too hot and get too done, too quickly.

Posted: 31 March 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2007-11-15

Coincidentally I made these yesterday also!  I have made them before and they are a favourite in my house too.  Have you tried them with the ganache plugs that Rose recommends in the recipe?  I do these and I think it just adds that little bit extra yumminess to the brownie.  The other coincidence is that I have a glass dome very similar to yours, my daughter gifted it to me for Christmas!  All cakes look that much more nicer in it, don’t you think?

Posted: 31 March 2013 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-03-07

Jeannette, I have had some limited success with Rose’s Molten Chocolate Souffle and Lava Cakes with Ganache, so we know all about Ganache at my house.  My wife says she prefers Rose’s recipe for Ganache than Russel Stover’s Chocolate! 

But no, we haven’t put Ganache in/on these Barcelona Brownie Bars, but I may go ahead and try it today because of your mentioning it, thanks. 

We put a ring of Ganache in rum cake about one inch thick made in a Bundt Pan from the Bacardi Recipe on the Internet. 

Ganache!?!  - Ha!  We buy heavy whipping cream by the half-gallon at at time just so we can make Ganache and we eat it by the spoonfulls rather than chocolate candy!

Posted: 31 March 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

Mmmmm, Barcelona brownies are one of my favorites, and yours look perfectly delicious!  Good to know, also, about how much you like the lekue silicone molds smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 01 April 2013 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

They look great! I never made these. My wish list is getting so long.

Posted: 01 April 2013 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  2009-11-24

They look great.  And, thank you for the top on the silicone molds.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.