RHC Chocolate Butter Cupcakes
Posted: 05 April 2013 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2011-04-30

I have tried baking this recipe twice already and twice, the cupcake liners always peel off the cupcakes. I let the cupcakes cool enough to handle and allow it to cool on cooling racks. I am beginning to speculate that it may be a recipe issue because I never have any problem with the liners literally falling off the cupcakes as it cools. I do not think it is condensation causing the problem because I take it out from the pans almost immediately. However, I notice that this is an oilier recipe evidenced by the greasy or wet appearance of the paper liners. I also do not think it is an issue of liner brands because I have been using the same liners for all my cupcake recipes all the time with out any problems. I appreciate any information you can share with me.

Thank you.

Posted: 08 April 2013 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-30

Thank you everyone. I am just happy to know that I am not the only one that experienced this problem. I had to make a new batch of cupcakes for a birthday party using the German Chocolate Cake instead. Though I liked the flavor or the chocolate butter cupcakes, I may have to use it for making a small cake out of it. I will try to post it on Rose’s blog to see if I get a reply and follow Bill’s threads. My speculation is that the recipe was just a tad too oily and the condensation upon cooling make the paper peel away from the cupcakes. Then again, it’s a wild card…LOL!

I appreciate all your feedback and thanks again.

Posted: 08 April 2013 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-30

P.S.
I also observed a lot of shrinkage with this recipe. Can anyone share a good chocolate cupcake recipe? Can you share a good tip to lessen the shrinkage of cakes/cupcakes, too?

Thanks.

Posted: 11 April 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-30

Thanks for all your advise and will try the difference recipes you suggested to find out what suits me the best.
Below is Rose and Woody’s reply regarding this issue:

Hi Jack,
During our testing we did not have your described problem when the liners were sprayed with Baker’s Joy as stated in the preparation.
We ask:
1. Did you use baking spray with flour on your liners?
2. Have you baked other chocolate cupcake recipes, as chocolate recipes are known to stick to liners?
Rose & Woody

Regretfully, the advise was not helpful to me because I arrived at the same disappointing results both with and without spraying the liners with baking spray. I will continue to try and experiment with other chocolate cupcake recipes till I find the best one.

Thanks,
Jack