Cupcake Wrappers - Airbrush - Possible?
Posted: 06 April 2013 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

HI everyone -

I am so excited - i received my first Wedding Cake Order- for 2 May 2013.  They want 120 cupcakes - so i was looking into lace cupcake liners or holders…
I would like to make custom color of Champagne (one of their colors).  Does anyone know if airbrushing white lace cupcake liners works?  Meaning do they become to “wet” and look like wet paper, do they hold the color?

Also i am looking for an acrylic cupcake stand that can hold ~120 cupcakes….i am new at this and i am trying to keep the cost down.  I had no idea that stands could cost anywhere from 150-200!  wow

Thanks

Posted: 06 November 2013 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-11-06

Great sharin on this site…!

Posted: 14 November 2013 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  675
Joined  2012-01-12

In the past I made my own cupcake sleeve by making it out of doily. I did not air brush them. I would think that this is made of paper, therefore I don’t, think it will work. How about buy art paper already colored then make the cupcake holders. You can find the template in the internet or use the Starbucks coffee sleeve. I would not want paper get wet w/ paint even if it is edible. But try it and see if that works. Good luck.

Posted: 14 November 2013 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  675
Joined  2012-01-12

As for the stand, they come in soooo many styles and sizes. Please do not buy Wilton’s, they look so cheesy. Get something elegant. Anyway you will keep this and eventually it will pay off by itself. Maybe something that is metal or glass instead of plastic or cardboard. Or if u have a lot of those porcelain cake stands, stack them up.

Posted: 01 December 2013 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

Thanks for the advice pretty cakeā€¦.

‹‹ Kindle Rose’s Books      Cake servings ››