question about master chart for butter cakes
Posted: 10 August 2008 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-10

I am attempting to make a two layer chocolate butter cake for my daughter’s birthday.  I want to use two 1/4 sheet pans (9” x 13” x 2”).

This is my first time trying to use the Rose Factor, and I think I got all the calculations correct, but now I am confused as to how much batter I actually need.  According to my calcualtions, the Chocolate Butter Cake Base Formula multiplied by a Rose Factor 4, I will have approximately 7 cups of batter.  I am almost certain that is only enough for one pan, but I want to be sure before I begin mixing two batches.  The reason I am confused is this: The Master Chart indicates that the pan sizes are “2 layers each 2 inches high”.  Does this mean that it is one cake pan, and that it is two layers because you torte the cake?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere.  I have tried searching for a while before posting, and could not find an answer. Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help.

Andrea

Posted: 10 August 2008 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1077
Joined  2007-11-15

http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2007/10/clarification_for_wedding_shee.html

Posted: 10 August 2008 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-10

Thank you so much, Matthew.

Your quick response is greatly appreciated, and the link was just what I was looking for.