Chocolate Honey Cake
Posted: 20 April 2013 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-12-28

Can anyone please help with conversion of American cup measurements to grams. I made the following recipe with conversion rates I sourced on the internet (of which there were many variations). Most were ok but the one I found quite strange was the honey. One website said that 1 cup of honey weighs 340g which seemed way too much. I used about 300g, but the cake rose well, it sank immediately after removing from the oven and the edges were quite hard (probably because of too much honey?). I love using honey in my chocolate recipes and would love to make a succesful cake. Any comments please on this recipe with relevant conversions. I find it so much more accurate using metric measurements.

1? c Dutch cocoa powder
1-1/2 c hot brewed coffee
1 c mild honey, such as clover
3 c unbleached all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 c unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c vegetable oil
1 c packed dark brown sugar
1 c granulated sugar
4 large eggs
3/4 c sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract

I won’t post the method unless someone would like it. I made RLB’s dark chocolate ganache and added a little honey and it was delicious.

Posted: 21 April 2013 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-12-28

Thanks for your comments. I live in the UK so haven’t any American cups, so have to rely on measurements in grams. Yes Rose does say 340g for a cup but it does just seem a large quantity.
Can anyone else recommend a good chocolate honey cake.

‹‹ Oil      Two-stage mixing technique ››