Dreamy Creamy Frosting
Posted: 25 April 2013 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2009-05-25

I can tell it’s been awhile since I’ve baked a special occasion cake…Does the dreamy creamy frosting have a curdled/separated appearance - I really can’t remember?  I’ve made a big batch of it and it is not super creamy or smooth…I haven’t taken the immersion blender to it yet, but I’m thinking about it.  Everything was at room temperature when I made it and I used Lindt Piccoli white chocolate that contains cocoa butter and is a very good chocolate.  I know it’s not a really stiff frosting…that’s ok.  I just want to get it as smooth as possible.

Posted: 25 April 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2009-05-25

Problem Solved!  I refrigerated the frosting overnight and brought to room temperature today.  It was very firm so I microwaved it just to soften slightly.  I used the immersion blender and it smoothed out nicely.  Cake is made and looks good!  I hope my husband can get a photo of the sliced cake!

Not sure what caused the original problem—temperature off (about 65F) or not processed enough—I did make 4.4x the recipe for the red velvet cake, so perhaps that is too much at once for the food processor.

Posted: 25 April 2013 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4816
Joined  2008-04-16

Glad it worked out in the end smile  Looking forward to seeing the cake!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Three New Takes on a Classic Fall Dessert