Buying rhc
Posted: 30 April 2013 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

I am finally going to buy this book, but I am wondering is a link as to places that I can buy it? I know I can get it on amazon but I don’t want to wait lol I’d rather get it in store so I can get it quickly

Posted: 01 May 2013 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4797
Joined  2008-04-16

Perhaps check your local bookseller’s website to see if they have an online inventory service, so you can check your favorite store.  I know IKEA does that but not sure about the book chains.

Enjoy the book!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 01 May 2013 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2009-11-24
SweetNess14445 - 01 May 2013 12:24 AM

I am finally going to buy this book, but I am wondering is a link as to places that I can buy it? I know I can get it on amazon but I don’t want to wait lol I’d rather get it in store so I can get it quickly

Oh I am an Amazon nut and Amazon Prime member.  Quickest is on Amazon in Kindle edition (you can get Kindle for PC)  smile  quick is Amazon Prime

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 01 May 2013 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

Well I don’t want a kindle edition, I am a fan of actual books, and since I was sick of searching for it in stock somewhere within 30 miles of me I just buckled and bought it off amazon. They said three to five days here’s hoping to three! I’m excited!

Posted: 01 May 2013 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24
SweetNess14445 - 02 May 2013 12:20 AM

Well I don’t want a kindle edition, I am a fan of actual books, and since I was sick of searching for it in stock somewhere within 30 miles of me I just buckled and bought it off amazon. They said three to five days here’s hoping to three! I’m excited!

I told you…I am just an Amazon nut.  If I were not a Prime member I would be shopping stores first.  I understand about wanted a book to touch and turn the pages.  I have both the Kindle and the book…..I failed to say Congratulations…. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

Signature 

Posted: 01 May 2013 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1360
Joined  2008-09-27
CRenee - 02 May 2013 12:38 AM

I have both the Kindle and the book

I think it would be brilliant if Amazon examined each of our physical book purchases and offered us the Kindle version at a very reduced price.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 02 May 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24
CharlesT - 02 May 2013 02:13 AM
CRenee - 02 May 2013 12:38 AM

I have both the Kindle and the book

I think it would be brilliant if Amazon examined each of our physical book purchases and offered us the Kindle version at a very reduced price.

Yes.  And, I wish we could get The Cake Bible on Kindle.  I love using the search feature to find items in my cookbooks.

Signature 

Posted: 04 May 2013 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

Argh and my book order got cancelled! I got an email from amazon today (two days later) saying that the seller had limited quantities or something and so the order would be cancelled. And I can go back online and re buy it. I expecte to have it today!  Now I am making the thirty mile trip to the bookstore…

Posted: 05 May 2013 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24
SweetNess14445 - 04 May 2013 12:32 PM

Argh and my book order got cancelled! I got an email from amazon today (two days later) saying that the seller had limited quantities or something and so the order would be cancelled. And I can go back online and re buy it. I expecte to have it today!  Now I am making the thirty mile trip to the bookstore…

What??!!  I have never had that happen with Amazon.  It must have been one of those other sellers.  Well it is even worth the 30 mile trip.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2013 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

So thirty miles and forty bucks later I have my book. So I was thinking of making something in here for my mom for Mother’s Day. Anyone give any advice on what I could make that’s the simplist (not much time) tastes great and is Not chocolatey (two in my fam can’t eat chocolate). I am stressing the easiness again lol I noticed a lot of recipes look kind of involved and use some tools that I don’t have!

Posted: 07 May 2013 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2011-10-15

One of the easiest cakes in the book is the whipped cream cake, page 29. It’s a delicious vanilla cake that’s good on its own but would be nice served with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream.

Posted: 07 May 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

Thanks. That was one of the ones I marked as a maybe was wondering what it tasted like!  There is another one in there that I also wondered what it tasted like but I can’t remember n what it was called..

Posted: 07 May 2013 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4797
Joined  2008-04-16

A little more work, but worth it if you enjoy lemon, is the golden lemon almond bundt cake.  It is possibly my all-time favorite in that book smile  It isn’t difficult, but does involve toasting/grinding the almonds and zesting/juicing lemons.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe