Pairing pistachio cake with fruit and white chocolate
Posted: 03 May 2013 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2011-05-15

Hey there im planning baking the pistachio cake and layering it with raspberry cloud cream and Frosting with white chocolate buttercream! =) Anyone already done something like this ? Or have any suggestions ?
Thank you! =)

Posted: 03 May 2013 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

I have done the yellow downey butter cake and the white velvet cake with raspberry cloud cream and white chocolate buttercream a few times now.  It always turns out wonderful.  There is no reason why it won’t work with the pistaschio cake.  The cake just needs to be refridgerated because of the whipped cream filling until a couple hours before serving.  The cloud cream holds up very well because of the geltatin in it.  It is a great flavor combination. grin

Posted: 03 May 2013 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2011-10-15

I’ve made the pistachio cake with the white chocolate mousseline and I thought they went well together. The one thing I wish I had done though, was to omit the almond extract from the cake as the flavour seemed to be a bit too prominent. Of course with raspberry filling, which I think will be nice with the cake, that may not be the case. But at the time, I did think a little lemon rind in the cake (instead of the almond extract) would have been good with the white chocolate.

Posted: 06 May 2013 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2009-11-24
Sophia - 03 May 2013 01:16 PM

But at the time, I did think a little lemon rind in the cake (instead of the almond extract) would have been good with the white chocolate.

Wow.  That sounds like a good idea.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.