Traditional bread recipes from around the world
Posted: 08 May 2013 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-05-08

Hi everyone!  I am new here, but am hoping to get your opinion on a project I am working on.  I have been baking for around ten years…sometimes professionally and sometimes on the side. I am now working in the publishing world and am considering putting together a small book of traditional recipes from all around that are approachable to a beginner. I can’t find any books out in the world that are doing such a thing.  Do you know of any books like this—not too intimidating? Do you all think this is an ok idea? Thanks for your opinions!!

Posted: 08 May 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

Hi, If you are referring to baking books:

Warm Bread And Honey Cake

A Baker’s Tour

and

A World Of Cake which Rose reviewed on her blog

Posted: 08 May 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2008-01-24

From your description this book came to mind. ‘classic home desserts’ Richard Sax. I bought it recently at a thrift store and I have tried several recipes and been very pleased with the results. Things I like about the book are great pictures, entertaining anecdotes, clear recipes.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 18 May 2013 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2013-04-02

A few traditional breads I happen to know of, although they’re probably pretty obvious, are Jewish challah, French baguette, Italian ciabatta.  Of course, any baker would know of those breads, but I just thought I’d put my lame two cents in…

Posted: 14 June 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2013-06-12

i saw a neat video on youtube last night that I thought I’d share with people. It was old-world style of making bread, from Sicily. It’s done all by hand, and they show you the whole process from the wheat to the table.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0p5zNpxxgok

‹‹ "Rose’s"?      Scrambled Eggs ››