Scrambled Eggs
Posted: 08 May 2013 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

Rose has been blogging about eggs so I thought I would share a recent ‘discovery’ I made in the kitchen. We frequently have eggs for dinner. Usually in the form of warm scrambled eggs on salad. In an effort to punch up the eggs I decided to make a small amount of sauce and see what happened. I was very pleased with the result. The eggs never get rubbery or dry. They come out as soft flavorful curds. So…
Cook 1 tbl of minced shallot gently in 1 tsp butter. When the shallots soften add 1 tsp flour to create a roux. Add 1/3 cup milk to make the sauce. Add 1/4 cup of your favorite cheese to the sauce and salt to taste. Stir in 5 beaten large eggs. Cook at medium heat stirring continually.
When the eggs are first added it will look a bit of a mess. But as the eggs come up to temperature the sauce will incorporate.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 09 May 2013 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

It sounds good Gene. I make eggs for dinner once a week (for my family). Jacques Pepin’s books have lots of good egg recipes.  My husband especially likes his bowtie and egg recipe. I halve the recipe:

http://weeklydinnerattheokcorral.blogspot.com/2011/08/bow-tie-pasta-with-fried-eggs-and.html

Posted: 09 May 2013 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

Aside from Spanish Tortilla, I don’t do much in the way of main course egg recipes, I’ll have to give these a try!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 09 May 2013 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

Jacques is great cook. I think Americans overlook eggs as a main course. We stayed at a gasthaus in Germany once where we were served a delightful meal. It arrived in a large wok-like skillet. There were round slices of potato fried to a golden brown and then embedded in egg custard.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

Oh, that sounds great! My husband would love it!

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17
Gene - 09 May 2013 07:14 PM

Jacques is great cook.

The above recipe I posted is from his Fast Food book. He has an excellent recipe in his Celebrates book that uses skillet fried potatoes. I’ve made it a few times, excellent!

Posted: 08 October 2013 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-10-08
Flour Girl - 10 May 2013 12:10 PM

The above recipe I posted is from his Fast Food book. He has an excellent recipe in his Celebrates book that uses skillet fried potatoes. I’ve made it a few times, excellent!

In your recipe ( olive oil & Swiss cheese ) include,if they are not available then what’s its alternate?

Signature 

http://www.hotelsinlangkawi.org | www.primarkonlineshopping.net