mrs kings irresistibles
Posted: 22 May 2013 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-04-11

Hi was planing to bake these cookies from roses Christmas cookie book,only problem im coming across is finding granola mix that’s not sweetened ,i went to wholefoods and the guy said that he doesn’t have anything that’s unsweetened that he has raw muesli,im not sure if i can use this to make the cookies and also if i am doing it do i leave out the rolled oats in the recipe,or if i should use the regular granola mix and just leave out the brown sugar.really would like any advise

Posted: 23 May 2013 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  909
Joined  2009-05-25

I had the same problem and went with a relatively low-sugar version of granola (compare nutritional info.) and I didn’t adjust the sugar in the recipe.  They turned out ok ... it was a long time ago so I can’t recall the specifics.

Posted: 26 May 2013 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  599
Joined  2007-11-27

I make this with the regular fruit granolas (in bulk so I can buy just what I need and not a whole box) from Whole Foods and haven’t noticed a problem with it being overly sweet; I think if you were using a boxed granola cereal from one of the bigger manufacturers it might be too sweet.

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

‹‹ Fruit basket cake      Spam Update ››