Adjusting white velvet cake recipe for 12x18” cake
Posted: 25 May 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2013-05-25

I’d like to bake your white velvet cake in a 12x18 pan - what adjustments should I make to the recipe?  Thank you for your help. 

Paperdiva

Posted: 25 May 2013 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-05-25

Dear FRESHKID,
Thank you very much for responding to my query.  The info was very helpful!  However, I will have to wait for JULIE’S help with the leavening Q.  Until last evenings perusing of real baking I did not know that a adjustment in pan size means an adjustment in leavening.  Do I need to contact JULIE or will she see my post and respond? Thanks again for the quick response.

Paperdiva

Posted: 27 May 2013 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-05-25

Julie, thank you for your response.  I do not have my copy yet so I’ll wait for it and make the adjustments you suggest.
Thanks!
Jennifer

Posted: 30 May 2013 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-05-25

Thanks Julie,
I did go to the library and checked out their copy. I can’t wait to receive my own.  What a treasure trove of info.  I want to read it cover to back.  So I will use the 1.25 conversion for baking powder as your suggest.
Thanks again!

Posted: 03 June 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2011-04-30

Is there a more systematic way to compute the rose factor, leavening agent, etc.? I am finding it a bit too daunting to convert my basic recipes to larger ones because of fear of a flop. I do not like wasting ingredients in case it does not turn out right. What I have been doing is referencing to TCB’s tiered cake recipes for larger cakes. It will really be nice if there is a video tutorial available that can simplify this for me. I learn better if shown than reading through the information on my own.

Thank you.