Meeting Minnesota regulations for Son’s cake
Posted: 10 June 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-12-20

I’ve been asked to bake my son’s wedding cake in Minnesota this coming fall.  The bride’s family says I have to use a licensed kitchen to meet Minnesota state requirements.  Does anyone have information about this regulation, how this would affect the transporting of the cake if I can find a licensed kitchen, and what other requirements (hoops) I’ll have to jump through in order to fulfill my son’s wish?  The Minnesota gov. site has pages and pages about businesses but I cannot tell what would apply to me.
Thanks for any help the Minnesota folks can provide here.

Posted: 11 June 2013 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-12-20

The venue the couple are planning to use at this point is an refurbished barn.  The owners are just setting the place up as a wedding venue and their own daughter is getting married there later this month.  It sounds like I will need to check with the barn owners directly. The groom has already nixed several places because the venues required specific caterers and he really wants me to make the cake.  (Can I just add that I’m really proud of him?)  If I can find a licensed facility to bake in, I must still figure out if I can legally transport the cake and if I must have a food safety certification, too.