HELP! Transferring glazed cake to cardboard round
Posted: 21 June 2013 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2013-06-21

Hi.
I was asked to make a chocolate cake with Rose’s fabulous shiny Lacquer Glaze. I’ve done it once before and know I can do the baking end of things, BUT, since it was just for fun and I didn’t need to transport it, I didn’t really need to think about how to get it onto a platter or in a cake box or anything. The cake is not assembled yet, so I’m hoping to get advice before I put it all together. It’s a 9” layer cake. The cardboard circles I have actually have sort of a scalloped edge, so I can’t put it on that on before pouring the glaze because it will obviously be a huge mess. I don’t have any plain cardboard circles. Is there some trick to it? Would a parchment paper round under the cake on the wire rack help?  I’m sort of new to baking, so forgive my ignorance. This seems like such a stupid question, but I really need some advice…and fast.  smile

Thanks in advance!
David

Posted: 21 June 2013 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-21

I have a springform pan. Will try the bottom of that.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!
David

I’ll post a photo once it’s all together.

Posted: 22 June 2013 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-21

Well. Success!
Here’s the finished cake. First one looked a bit better, but still not bad for a 2nd try.
2 questions though.
1) it doesn’t seem quite as shiny as I thought it would, once it dried.
2) is it ok to keep out at room temp for the day? (around 72 degrees F)

Image Attachments
GlazeCake.jpg

Posted: 22 June 2013 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-21

Thanks. I’ll try a hair dryer next time.
It was just a quick frosting (butter, conf. sugar, milk chocolate, vanilla and pulverized freeze-dried raspberries). Assuming that’s ok to be out for a day too.