Lemon Wedding cake
Posted: 30 June 2013 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-06-30

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone on the forum could help me. I’m planning to make a lemon wedding cake for my friends. I absolutely love the lemon poppyseed -sour cream cake in Rose’s heavenly cakes, so I was wondering if it would be possible to use the recipe (minus the poppyseeds) for the cake base. I know the texture is super light, melt-in-your-mouth and fluffy and I worry that it’s not dense enough to support the weight of the layers (as it would be a layered cake). I thought that maybe the reason it is in a bundt form in the book is because it is too fragile to handle as a layered cake.
Has anyone tried it for a similar project? If you could share your experience, it would be most welcome!

Thanks!! smile

Posted: 01 July 2013 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

I haven’t made the lemon poppyseed cake as a wedding cake, but I can vouch for the deliciousness of the Golden Lemon Almond wedding cake in RHC, it is one of my all-time favorite cakes smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 01 July 2013 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1178
Joined  2009-11-24

I love….I just love the golden almond lemon cake.  Did I say I just love it?  I bet if you search lemon cake on this forum you will find lots of discussion re: lemon cake.  And, you will probably find my statement where I say “I love….I just love the Golden Almond Lemon Cake”.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 03 July 2013 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-06-30

Oh my… I should definitely try it then… (I know, it’s such a shame I haven’t tried it yet -Now I really feel I’m missing out on something! lol) I just thought the lemon sour cream cake would be best if people have nut allergies.