What I am not 30?
Posted: 01 July 2013 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1188
Joined  2009-11-24

This, I still find hard to believe.  And, I am not forty either… wow.  Now, rather than calling my mother to help me with issues, the tables are turned.  This season of life that the grace of God brings you through.  I spent most of April and May and part of June either managing Mom’s hospital visit or packing her house to relocate her.  She has (had) a lot of stuff.  She once sold Princess House crystal, crafted macrame, was a hobbyist seamtress, sold art (framed oil paintings), did ceramics and more.  Her husband is a drummer…. The two of them bordered on hoarding… numerous amounts of items associated with all of their interests…...and loads of books and elephants…  More than a 1000 LP records, numerous books, two sets of drums, duplicate amplifiers, music boxes, turntables…. Yikes!!!!  Mom is of sound mind, but a double amputee.  She just has to give us orders. 

As we packed her 3BR house to move her to a 2 BR apartment, the couple lived with me.  Yikes!!!  well, it was only 6 weeks.  But somehow my Thermapen was damaged… oh well. 

I snatched (what I did not need) two additional cake stands ...  (my latest collecting habit).  And, my son who lived with my mother moved back into my house..  Share my kitchen.??..  Yikes!!!!  Good thing I got her standalone kitchen cabinet….baking stuff only… no need to go in that cabinet, Son. 

Son saw me baking again and said that’s nice “get back in the saddle”.  (Yes made Choc Passion Cake… put ingredients in in wrong order and left cake in oven too long.  The ganache was fabulous, however.  But I am getting back in the saddle. 

Meanwhile, this is the life of one Baby Boomer.  Now, the parents who cared for us, we are caring from them.  Just sharing..

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 02 July 2013 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4807
Joined  2008-04-16

Wow, CRenee, you have been busy, busy, busy!  And with tasks that can be very emotionally draining.  I have only done a little of the “caring for those who have cared for you” thing, went to cook, shop, clean, etc. at my mother’s house for a week after a major surgery.  Hardest part of that was being away from my family.  Hope you will be able to find some time for yourself now that the move is over.  Smiled at your “no need to open that cabinet” policy smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe