education
Posted: 10 July 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2013-06-25

does anyone know of any free online classes for baking
im not able to afford school or have the time for it but i want to open up my own baking shop in texas city and im gunna need to know as much as i can so if you know anything about free online classes that would be great smile

Posted: 11 July 2013 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  700
Joined  2012-01-12

Hi, yes I know a fabulous site:

http://WWW.designer-cakes.com

This is by Paul Bradford Designer Cakes. He is fabulous. Not the mediocre kind of cake decorating. I follow him on Facebook.-

Posted: 12 July 2013 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1369
Joined  2008-09-27
makingityourown - 10 July 2013 10:32 PM

im not able to afford school or have the time for it but i want to open up my own baking shop in texas city and im gunna need to know as much as i can so if you know anything about free online classes that would be great smile

I’m curious as to how you’re going to open a bakery if you can’t afford and don’t have time for the necessary training? Starting a business is very expensive, and running a bakery is notoriously time-consuming.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 12 July 2013 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2013-06-25

loans and i cant take my baby to my class but i can to my work, anything else

Posted: 12 July 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2007-11-18

MAKINGITYOUROWN:
  Good morning. I am certain you will do just fine. I like to ask you if you have tried a local community college where you live. Not all but many do have culinary courses & college degree programs.

Another thought, there are private culinary schools in & around large cities. If there is one get information about their tuition financing….meaning US FEDERAL type. They will wait a very long time to be paid back. They are very forgiving .

Anyway good luck to you young lady. I am sure you & your determination will make the grade.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 12 July 2013 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  700
Joined  2012-01-12
makingityourown - 12 July 2013 04:49 AM

loans and i cant take my baby to my class but i can to my work, anything else

I admire your determination, but make sure you will not put yourself in a hole. Can you bake from your home and sell it ? If you start that way, then maybe it won’t be as hard knowing that you have loans to pay while starting out. It is great to think positive, but being realistic can’t hurt also. We all have dreams but achieving them is not always easy. And to do well you need to build clientele, and with a baby it could add a lot of stress on you. In this economy, no crystal ball can tell if you will do great or not. Student loans right now is a huge issue. A lot of these people have no way of paying them back. Not to offend you, but don’t add to the federal govt’s problem. It is personal responsibility required if you owe money to anyone including the feds. Personally I will not borrow money or any loan of some sort if I’m not sure I can pay it back. But that’s just me. It will give you some peace of mind knowing that you don’t owe money you’re not sure of paying back. IMHO, you also need a lot of knowledge about baking if you want your business to stand out. It takes so much to succeed in business.

Good luck.