chocolate pate a choux; have you ever made it?
Posted: 10 July 2013 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  602
Joined  2007-11-27

We’re in the middle of wedding season but it’s time for me to start thinking about the holiday menu we’ll be offering to our accounts.  I’m wondering about making a chocolate choux (adding cocoa powder) and wondered if 1) anyone has ever done it; and 2) did you like the taste or not?

My very favorite choux recipe is from Pichet Ong - it’s so flavorful I’ll even eat it plain (when we make croquembouches, we make curlicues and fiddlehead fern like decorations and once we’re done I’ve been know to use the leftover curliques to dip into a little bowl of flavored pastry cream…. that’s how good this recipe is)

So I was thinking to add some cocoa powder to the recipe and see what happens.  Just curious to see if anyone here has ever done it and what you thought….

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 11 July 2013 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  687
Joined  2012-01-12

I made that one time for a chocolate competition. All I did was add coco powder. It came out good. The only thing was it is hard to know when it’s really done since it is brown already. I depended on the baking time. I also did one time chocolate lady fingers.