Hershey’s Chocolate Cake
Posted: 16 July 2013 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-07-16

I love the Hershey’s Chocolate cake recipe, I’ve been using it for years. I’m looking to spice it up a bit, maybe add some dark chocolate shavings or some more “sophisticated” taste. Any suggestions? “

Posted: 16 July 2013 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2008-09-27
michelleh - 16 July 2013 02:55 PM

I love the Hershey’s Chocolate cake recipe, I’ve been using it for years. I’m looking to spice it up a bit, maybe add some dark chocolate shavings or some more “sophisticated” taste. Any suggestions? “

It needs some coffee.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 16 July 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  589
Joined  2007-11-18
michelleh - 16 July 2013 02:55 PM

MICHELLEH:
  Good morning. Welcome to our baking forum.  Coffee is a very good addition to chocolate as was suggested to you. You can consider baking small loafs & or muffins with this recipe. In so doing you can also consider placing small dollops of rasberry jam in the various places.

I do this when baking choco orange muffins. Another thought which I think that would go well is adding chopped up marachino cherries (sliced) in the cake with the cherry juice being drizzled on top of the sliced layer portion.

Well I think I have let my culinary imagination run wild once again.

I hope we have given you some ideas that you can consider.

Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day.

~FRESHKID.