White Chocolate Whisper Cake with Raspberry Neoclassic Buttercream
Posted: 16 July 2013 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2013-07-16

This might be the most delicious cake I’ve made yet! I made the white chocolate whisper cake, a half recipe, and put it in two 6-inch by 2-inch round pans. I made Rose’s raspberry sauce and neoclassic buttercream, adding some sauce to the buttercream at the end. I did a crumb coat on my cake and then used a star tip to pipe vertical rows of stars, swiping them to the right with a small spatula. Then I added a bead border along the top and added a layer of raspberry sauce. I drizzled some melted white chocolate over the top and added a modeling chocolate rose! I gave this to a very good friend for her birthday, and she loved it! Here’s the picture:

http://citrusspicebakery.blogspot.com/2013/07/white-chocolate-cake.html

I tried to attach the picture here, but it said it was too large, and my ipad doesn’t let me adjust the picture size.

Posted: 16 July 2013 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  910
Joined  2009-05-25

Hi Sarah,
Welcome!  I’ve made a very similar combo and it is excellent, isn’t it?!  You should post a photo of the cake—I’d love to see it!

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

Those look amazing and sound delicious! smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 17 July 2013 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  603
Joined  2007-11-18
Sarah G - 16 July 2013 09:27 PM

This might be the most delicious cake I’ve made yet! I made the white chocolate whisper cake, a half recipe, and put it in two 6-inch by 2-inch round pans. I made Rose’s raspberry sauce and neoclassic buttercream, adding some sauce to the buttercream at the end. I did a crumb coat on my cake and then used a star tip to pipe vertical rows of stars, swiping them to the right with a small spatula. Then I added a bead border along the top and added a layer of raspberry sauce. I drizzled some melted white chocolate over the top and added a modeling chocolate rose! I gave this to a very good friend for her birthday, and she loved it! Here’s the picture:

http://citrusspicebakery.blogspot.com/2013/07/white-chocolate-cake.html

I tried to attach the picture here, but it said it was too large, and my ipad doesn’t let me adjust the picture size.

SARAH G:
    Good morning. I must say I am enjoying your god gifted artiustic talents.  Very, very good work I wish I had just 10% of your talent..

Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day young lady.

~FRESHKID.