2 of 2
Fondant has become my enemy!
Posted: 17 October 2008 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2007-11-15

Rozanne, thank you for putting on the video links, I’ve just watched them and it has demystified some of the skills needed for cake decorating for me! One of these days I’m going to have a go, but I don’t think I’ll be putting any pictures up! wink

Posted: 17 October 2008 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2007-11-15

Sorry,sorry sorry, I have thanked the wrong person!  It was tBartley I should have given my thanks to,  I do apolgize! oh oh

Posted: 17 October 2008 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2007-12-17
jeannette - 17 October 2008 09:10 AM

Sorry,sorry sorry, I have thanked the wrong person! It was tBartley I should have given my thanks to, I do apolgize! oh oh

LOL No harm done and no need to apologize. Friends? grin

Like you, I am truly grateful for all the wonderful men and women on this site from whom I am continually learning from.
Because of all the support and encouragement you all give, I am no longer the frustrated baker I was. It still amazes me how much my baking has changed in just under a year.  Thanks everyone!

Signature 

Come visit my blog
http://reviewofrecipes.blogspot.com/

Posted: 17 October 2008 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

tbartley, those are some really beautiful cakes!  Thanks for sharing, and love the new avatar!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 20 October 2008 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-10-20

Try Marshmallow Fondant…It is so forgiving and inexpensive.  It doesn’t seem as sensitive to humidity either.  I live in the desert, but we have really humid and hot days in August.  I’ve done cakes for outdoor venues in the heat and humidity and as long as the cake is in the shade have had no real issues… cool smile

2 of 2