The Byers Hornet Mascot Cake
A little cartoonish & amateurish…
1) a little more about stacking
2) a lot more about fondant
3) I put too much buttercream under fondant
4) how to flavor buttercream
5) that I love dowels & cardboard plates
6) that gin lightly brushed everywhere removes unwanted color, smoothes & glosses fondant
7) making a base
and a lot more…
It was a donation to our small town school to be auctioned off for their profit. I’ll find out Monday how much it went for. The school absolutely loved it.
I just wish I could get to the point where things weren’t so cartoonish & looked a little more real. This guy is an inspiration: http://www.davesamazingcakes.com
But, he has personnel & years experience on this girl.