Taste of cake
Posted: 23 October 2008 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-10-23

I am a cupcake & muffines industry owner in Iran. I have problem about taste of cake after pass a month from the life of cakes. Our products have 3 months life time . It seems after pass the one month the our cake has drug ( pharmacy ) taste but i don’t what is the problem? our products composition are : Flour, sugar, new egg, baking powder, emusifier gel ( mono & di glyseride ), expander life ( propylen Glycole, Sorbitol , mono & di glyseride ), flavers.
Thanks

Posted: 24 October 2008 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2008-03-19

Welcome to the board. If the cupcakes and muffins don’t taste good after 1 month, then it would seem that the life span of your products is really 1 month, not 3 months.

Most of us on this board don’t use preservatives in our baked goods. We create them so that they can be consumed within a few days of baking. So, you might want to look on Google for boards that are targeted toward trade professionals like yourself who want a very long shelf life for their products. Good luck!

Posted: 25 October 2008 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2007-11-27

How are you storing your product?  Is it indivdually wrapped?  Refrigerated?  Even with the added preservatives, your shelf life is really only about a week in a refrigerated environment.
If you are looking for a longer shelf life, you should be freezing the product as you make it; then rotating your inventory.  I agree with the other response that you should be working on a shorter production schedule.

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

‹‹ soggy marzipan      Which buttercream? ››