Chocolate Chiffon Cake
Posted: 23 July 2013 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-07-23

I’ve been trying to make chocolate chiffon cake (with both cocoa powder and melted chocolate). Every time my cake batter would be thick and my cake would be very short.

I had no trouble melting the chocolate. The instruction was to melt the chocolate chips with oil on low heat over heated water. Then mix them into the egg yolk batter that had already been mixed with sugar. Then add in water and flour+cocoa mixture, then fold in the egg whites.

I’d start off with melting the chocolate at low temperature, and once melted I’d keep it melted at very low heat, and the chocolate stays nice and melted. I was always afraid to take the chocolate out of the low heated water to cool, because I’d be afraid that it’ll solidify again. I had no trouble mixing it with the egg yolk batter. Nor with water. But, when I mixed it with the flour+cocoa mixture, the batter would become very very thick, and it wouldn’t resemble any other cake batter that I’ve seen.

Should I let the chocolate cool more before mixing it in? Can I mix the chocolate+oil mixture with water first before mixing it into the egg yolk batter? Would the order of putting ingredients matter?

I hope some of you could give me some suggestions!!  Thanks a lot!!

Jo

Posted: 24 July 2013 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2007-11-18

HIDEKAZUKI:
  Good morning. Sorry to learn of your recent baking disappointment. We would like to help you, but it would be best & easiest for us to to do that if you would post the recipe & the directions.

Till then enjoy the day my friend.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 24 July 2013 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  722
Joined  2012-01-12

How about not using chocolate chips ? But instead use baking chocolate, a real good brand.