baking in a brevill oven
Posted: 17 August 2013 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-08-17

We are currently remodeling a house we moved into in Dec. Since I do not have my new stove hooked up, I bought the Breville Toaster Oven, I saw on your blog. Like it alot, I just have one problem hoping you can help me with.

Whenever I make bundt cakes, they ALWAYS get stuck in the pan with this oven. Never had the problem with my as oven. I spray them very well just prior to putting the batter in, as I have with my gas oven. I’m thinking it may have something to do with the pan being so close to the element. Any ideas on how to get this to work? It has happened with various recipes, both those from scratch and the cake mixes.

Posted: 18 August 2013 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

I don’t have any experience with this oven, but if your cake seems a little less brown on the outside than it was in your larger oven, you could try increasing the temp a bit.  It may be that your cake is large enough compared to the oven size that it cools the oven a bit.  Or, your ovens may just differ a bit in their calibration. 

You could also consider posting your question over on the blog where Rose and Woody will see it, as they do have experience with this oven.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

‹‹ Creme Brulee for 20 people      Glaze ››