6” cheesecake recipe?
Posted: 18 August 2013 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-12-16

All_

I need to make a small cheesecake for a bride tasting.  Does anyone have a recipe for a cheesecake this small, or know where to point me in TCB?  I am cracking it open now, but on the off chance that someone has already done it, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Nathan

Posted: 19 August 2013 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16

I don’t make many cheesecakes, but for what it’s worth, I think it would be fine to just scale the cordon rose cheesecake to fit the 6” pan.  A 6” pan of the same height as the 9” pan will need 44% of the recipe.

Bake time will be somewhat shorter, you may want to use an instant read thermometer to check the temp at the center. I think it needs to be at least 150F, and Hector reports that the cake will freeze well if you take it higher, to 160F.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 19 August 2013 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2009-05-25

You could also use the lemon cheesecake in the Baby Cakes section of RHC as a guideline for modifications.  These would be muffin tin sized cheesecakes done in a silicone pan.

Posted: 20 August 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2007-11-18
extraNrG - 18 August 2013 10:18 PM

All_

I need to make a small cheesecake for a bride tasting.  Does anyone have a recipe for a cheesecake this small, or know where to point me in TCB?  I am cracking it open now, but on the off chance that someone has already done it, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Nathan

“EXTRA Nr G”
  Good morning. Check out the recipe for Miss Rose’s cheesecake in TCB. If you like that one I will do a baker’s per centage format to reduce it for a 6 inch X 2, inch pan for you.

WARNING:
  This recipe is very heavy with sour cream. If you wish to modify this amount it can be done.

Good luck & have a nice day Nathan.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 24 August 2013 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-12-16

Thank you all so much for your replies.  The 44% scale worked well!  I tried it yesterday, and it lasted about 10 minutes at the office.  My tasting is Tuesday; I’ll be making another tomorrow.

Posted: 25 August 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16

Glad it worked out smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up